Farmhouse Chicken Dinner
- 0.25 cup flour
- 0.5 tsp pepper
- 4 small bone-in chicken breast (1-1/2 lb.), skin removed
- 0.25 cup KRAFT Lite Zesty Italian Dressing
- 2 cup baby carrots
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 1 Can (14-1/2 oz.) fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 4 Ounce (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese, cubed
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Mix flour and pepper in shallow dish. Add chicken; turn to coat both sides of each piece. Gently shake off excess flour. Heat dressing in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add chicken, meat-sides down; cook 5 to 6 min. or until golden brown. Turn chicken. Add carrots, onions and 1 cup broth; cover. Simmer on medium-low heat 20 min. or until chicken is done (165°F). Meanwhile, cook rice as directed on package.
- Spoon rice onto platter. Use slotted spoon to remove chicken and vegetables from skillet; place over rice. Cover to keep warm.
- Add Neufchatel and remaining broth to liquid remaining in skillet; cook on medium-high heat 5 min. or until Neufchatel is melted and sauce is well blended, stirring constantly. Simmer on medium-low heat 3 to 5 min. or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Spoon over chicken and vegetables; top with parsley.
Kraft Kitchens Tips
Makeover Savings: We've taken a family favorite and made a few changes that will result in a savings of both fat and calories. We browned the chicken in KRAFT Light Zesty Italian Dressing instead of oil; used PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese instead of whipping cream; and didn't dip the chicken in eggs before coating it with flour. All these changes will save you 50 calories and 19 g of fat per serving.
Substitute: Substitute 8 bone-in chicken thighs with skin removed for the chicken breasts.