Escarole and Roasted Broccoli Salad with Anchovy Dressing
- 4 anchovy filet, drained and chopped
- 2 2 medium heads of escarole, tender pale green and yellow leaves only torn into large pieces
- 2 2 head broccoli (2 pounds), cut into 1-inch florets only (stems reserved for another use)
- 2 tsp chopped marjoram
- 0.25 cup chopped parsley
- 0.875 cup 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 clove garlic, chopped
- 0.25 cup freshly grated dry Jack or Asiago cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 450°. In a food processor, blend the anchovies, garlic, egg yolks and lemon juice. With the machine on, add 3/4 cup of the olive oil. Stir in the parsley and marjoram and season with salt.
2. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the broccoli with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil; spread in a single layer. Season with salt and roast for about 18 minutes, until the florets are just tender. Let cool slightly.
3. In a large bowl, toss the broccoli with the escarole and the dressing. Sprinkle with the cheese and serve.