Epic Leftovers Sandwich
The left over sandwich is one of my favorite moments of the holiday season, sometimes more even more than the meal itself. My mom has perfected it: soft, chewy bread, a perfect blend of the leftovers and plenty of arugula to add some freshness.
- 2 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 3 Ounce roasted turkey meat
- 2 Tbsp cooked yams (or any yam/sweet potato dish)
- 2 Tbsp cranberry sauce
- 2 Tbsp gravy
- handful of arugula, lightly dressed in olive oil
- On the bottom slice of bread, spread the yams and top with turkey. Place the arugula on top of the turkey.
- On the other slice of bread, spread the cranberry sauce and gravy (this is easier when they're both straight from the fridge and a bit thicker). Sandwich the two slices together, cut in half with a knife, and devour.