Eggplant Potato Salad
This salad from F&W's Kay Chun combines smoky bacon and potatoes with silky eggplant. Dill and lemon add a bright, refreshing hit of flavor.
- 4 Ounce thick-cut bacon, cut into lardons
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 0.5 Pound baby red potatoes, quartered
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Japanese eggplants (3/4 pound), quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp chopped dill
- In a large, deep skillet, cook the bacon over moderate heat, stirring, until lightly golden, about 5 minutes. Add the olive oil, potatoes, onion and eggplants and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until the eggplants and potatoes are tender and golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice and dill and serve warm.
Recipe Credit: Kay Chun
Image Credit: Jonathan Lovekin