Eggplant Noodle Salad
Serving Size: 2
To maximize Chinese eggplant's texture and flavor, F&W's Kay Chun steams thin slices, then tosses them with soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, basil and just a little bit of oil.
- 4 Ounce glass noodles
- kosher salt
- 0.25 cup distilled white vinegar
- 0.25 cup soy sauce
- 0.5 cup chopped basil
- 1 tsp finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 Kirby cucumber, thinly sliced
- 3 Chinese eggplants (1 pound), thinly sliced crosswise
- freshly ground pepper
- In a medium saucepan of boiling water, cook the noodles until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water until cool, then drain well. Transfer to bowls.
- In a steamer basket set over a pot of boiling water, steam the eggplants until tender, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Add the cucumber, oil, ginger, basil, soy sauce and vinegar; season with salt and pepper and toss. Serve over the noodles.
Recipe Credit: Kay Chun
Image Credit: Jonathan Lovekin