Eggplant Caprese Stacks
- 3 English Muffins, split and toasted
- 6 Ounce 6 one ounce deli-sliced mozzarella cheese
- 6 slices tomato (about 1-inch thick)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning, divided
- 0.33 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 8 Ounce 1 eight ounce container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 0.5 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 12 slices eggplant, unpeeled, about 1½ inches thick
- 0.33 cup garlic infused olive oil, divided
- 8 Ounce 1 eight ounce can pizza sauce
Preheat oven to 350°F. Place English muffin halves on parchment lined baking sheet. Brush cut sides of each English muffin with olive oil. Set aside. Generously spray non-stick cookie sheet with cooking spray. Set aside. Coat each eggplant slice with remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place each slice on prepared cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until just getting soft.
Meanwhile, in a medium size bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, parmesan and ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning. To assemble: Top each English muffin half with a slice of eggplant. Top eggplant slices with 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese mixture, spreading to coat evenly. Top with a second eggplant slice, tomato slice and mozzarella slice. You should have 6 "stacks." Garnish with remaining Italian seasoning. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted. Serve with pizza sauce on side for dipping.