Egg White Omlette with Spinach
This egg white omelette is a quick, simple and super healthy recipe that can be had for breakfast. Eggs are a great source of a complete high quality protein with few calories.
- 4 eggs, egg whites separated
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- grams of spinach, washed and finely chopped (You can also use coriander leaves if spinach is not available.)
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp oil for cooking
- Take a large bowl, add all the ingredients together and whisk well with a fork until combined. The egg whites would have blended well and turned little fluffy.
- Preheat an 8 inch Omellet Skillet, drizzle oil in the skillet and spread it by tilting the skillet around.
- Once the skillet is heated, pour the whisked egg white omelette mixture onto the skillet. Turn the heat to medium low, else the omelette wil brown faster at the bottom than it can get cooked on the top.
- Once you notice the top of the omellete begins to get cooked (you will know when the wetness has turned to dry), using a flat spatula, flip the omelette and cook the opposite side as well.
- Allow it to cook for a about a minute and once cooked well on both sides as per your preference, slide the omelette to the serving platter.
- Serve the Egg White Omlette along with slices of buttered whole wheat bread for a healthy breakfast.
For the full post, visit Archana's Kitchen.