I can’t speak for the rest of you, but for my Chelsea, there are a handful of dishes that are “go-to” when a culinary hug is in order.
Pasta (white, not wheat, please) with butter and lots of grated cheese.
A big bowl of ice cream with a TON of sprinkles.
And egg-in-a-hole – which is like love on a plate. It’s warm, filling and delicious. It’s breakfast, lunch, dinner and “feel better.”
- olive oil
- shredded cheese (pick your favorite; we like cheddar)
- 2 slices bread
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat. Using a juice glass or cookie cutter, cut out the centers of the bread slices, reserving the cut-outs.
- When the skillet is hot, pour in enough oil to coat the bottom evenly (tilt to distribute if necessary). Place the bread slices in the center, and the cut-outs alongside. Crack one egg and carefully pour it into the center of one of the bread slices. Repeat with the second egg. Cook, undisturbed, for three minutes.
- Using a spatula, turn over the bread slices and cut-outs. Sprinkle liberally with cheese; season with salt and pepper. Cook for three minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and serve immediately.
Read more from Donuts Dresses and Dirt.