Egg-and-Tomato Breakfast Sandwich to Go
Tomato and basil give a boost of fresh flavor to the usual egg-and-cheese sandwich. This recipe calls for cheddar cheese, but you can use any favorite.
- 1 piece (6 inches long) baguette
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp butter
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 large tomato slices
- 0.25 cup fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut bread horizontally. Lightly toast in oven, cut sides up. Top with cheese (1 slice on each side), and continue to cook in oven until cheese melts, 1 to 2 minutes. Meanwhile, fry eggs in butter; season with salt and pepper.
- Place eggs on bottom half of bread. Top with tomatoes and basil. Sandwich with top bread half, and press down slightly. Wrap tightly in parchment.
48 Healthy Afternoon Snacks You'll Dream About All Day
The Science Behind the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
35 Beyond Delicious No-Bake Dessert Recipes
Quick, One-Pot Meal Ideas To Feed the Whole Family
15-Minute Dinner Recipes for Everyone
You've Never Seen Avocado Toast Like This
Image Credit: Photography: Jonathan Lovekin