Scrambled egg and avocado on a toasted whole-wheat English muffin make a terrific 10-minute breakfast for any day of the week. Add hot sauce and a slice of cheddar cheese if you like.
- 1 large egg, plus 1 large egg white
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small scallion, chopped
- 1 whole-wheat English muffin, split and toasted
- Hot sauce (optional)
- 0.25 avocado, thinly sliced
- Beat together egg and egg white; season with salt and pepper. In a small nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium. Cook scallion until softened, 1 minute. Add eggs and cook, stirring, until almost set, 1 to 2 minutes. Fold edges of egg mixture in to form a patty about the size of an English muffin. Continue to cook until set, about 20 seconds more.
- Place egg on bottom half of English muffin and season with salt, pepper, and hot sauce, if using. Layer with avocado, then other half of muffin.
48 Healthy Afternoon Snacks You'll Dream About All Day
The Science Behind the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
35 Beyond Delicious No-Bake Dessert Recipes
Quick, One-Pot Meal Ideas To Feed the Whole Family
15-Minute Dinner Recipes for Everyone
You've Never Seen Avocado Toast Like This