Easy St. Patrick’s Day Lime Bars With Butter Crust
These lime bars make the perfect treat for St, Patrick's Day! They're made of a simple butter, flour, and sugar crust and have a lime and egg filling. Add a few drops of green food coloring to give them a festive look, and you're all set to celebrate!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cold
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 0.25 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Make the crust by mixing the sugar, flour, and salt in a bowl.
- Take the butter and cut it into small pieces.
- Mix the mixture with your fingers until it looks crumbly.
- Press the mixture into a 9" greased pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until it turns a gold color.
- green food coloring
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 4 eggs
- 0.25 cup flour
- 1.25 cup sugar
- 0.67 cup fresh lime juice (from about 6 limes)
- powdered sugar for serving
- Make the filling by whisking sugar and flour in a bowl.
- Add in eggs one at a time and mix well after each one.
- Add in the the lime juice, zest, and green food coloring (add a drop at a time until it reaches your desired color). Mix until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the filling to the crust by pouring it over the top of it and bake for 20 minutes. The filling is cooked when it doesn't jiggle. Allow the bars to cool completely in the pan.
- Slice the lemon bars and dust with powdered sugar before serving.
For the full post, visit Better Baking Bible.