Easy Pasta e Fagioli
This delicious and simple Easy Pasta e Fagioli recipe is super easy to prepare and delivers on flavor.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- A few handfuls fresh spinach (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1.5 cup dry Orecchiette pasta
- 1.5 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup black eyed beans, soaked overnight and drained (or substitute 2-3 cups canned beans)
- 1 celery stalk, cubed
- 1 carrot, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- Chopped parsley and parmesan shavings for topping (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat and cook the onion and garlic without browning, about 2-3 minutes. Add the carrot and celery and continue cooking for 5 minutes. Put the beans into the pot and give it a good stir. Cover with the vegetable broth and bring to the boil. Add the bay leaf and cover to simmer for 30-45 minutes or until the beans are almost done.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and once again bring to a boil before adding the Orecchiette pasta. Taste for seasoning and add salt & pepper to taste. Finish cooking until the pasta is al dente and stir in the fresh spinach.
- Serve topped with chopped parsley and parmesan shavings.
For the full post, visit Savory Nothings.