Easy Frittata with Greens and Cheese
When in doubt, make eggs for dinner. There’s really nothing easier, and when you combine eggs with veggies – fresh or frozen – and cheese, you get a tasty, satisfying, healthy dinner in virtually no time at all.
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped or sliced
- 1 10-oz. package frozen greens (spinach, kale, rainbow chard, etc.)
- 6 eggs (using 4 or 5 works too, the frittata is just less eggy and more veggie-heavy)
- 0.5 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese (or any other cheese)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add oil and onion and sauté 3-5 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Add frozen greens and stir until heated through.
- Beat eggs and milk in a mixing bowl along with a pinch each of salt & pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan, sprinkle the cheese on top, then place whole pan in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the middle of the frittata is firm.
- Let cool 5 minutes, then cut into wedges and serve.
For the full post, visit Eating Made Easy.