Easy Chicken Shepherd's Pie
- 1 Can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Healthy Request® Condensed Healthy Request® Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 cup instant mashed potato flake
- 16 Ounce frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 0.5 tsp poultry seasoning, crushed
- 0.5 tsp onion powder
- 0.75 tsp ground black pepper
- 1.25 Pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1.25 cup water
- 0.25 cup shredded 2% milk Cheddar cheese
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Stir the soup and 1/4 cup water in a large bowl.
- Season the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, the onion powder and poultry seasoning. Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until well browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken and vegetables to the soup mixture and stir to coat. Spoon the chicken mixture into a 2-quart round casserole.
- Microwave the remaining water in a microwavable bowl on HIGH for 1 to 2 minutes or until hot. Add the potato flakes and stir until the water is absorbed. Stir in the milk and remaining black pepper. Loosely cover and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes or until the mixture is hot. Spread the potato mixture over the chicken mixture. Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the chicken mixture is hot and bubbling.
Cost per recipe: $9.86
Cost per serving: $2.46