Easy Butternut Squash Soup with Ravioli
This easy, six-ingredient butternut squash soup is creamy, hearty and topped with cheese-filled ravioli. It’s ready in under 60 minutes, completely vegetarian and leftovers can be re-heated all week long.
- 2 Pound butternut squash
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 32 Ounce vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 9 ounce package refrigerated cheese ravioli
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Peel squash, halve lengthwise and remove seeds. Cut remaining squash into ¾" pieces.
- In a large, heavy bottom saucepan, heat oil on medium high heat. And the butternut squash and garlic and sauté until squash begins to slightly brown on the outside.
- Add the vegetable broth and cook, covered for 20 minutes or until the squash is tender.
- Transfer the squash and broth to a blender or food processor.
- Carefully blend, covered, until smooth. You can do this in batches if you have a small blender or food processor.
- Return the blended mixture to the large sauce pan. Bring just to a boil and immediately reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Add the butter, stirring until just melted. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Meanwhile, prepare the ravioli according to the package directions. Drain.
- Ladle hot butternut squash soup into bowls. Top with cooked ravioli and serve immediately.
For the full post, visit A Happy Food Dance.