Easy-Bake Cheddar Biscuits
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp CALUMET Baking Powder
- 0.25 tsp cream of tartar
- 0.25 tsp sugar
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 0.25 cup cold butter, cut up
- 0.33 cup milk
- 0.5 cup (1/2 of 8-oz. tub) PHILADELPHIA Chive & Onion Cream Cheese Spread
- 1 cup KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Heat oven to 450ºF.
- Mix first 5 ingredients in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cheddar. Add milk; stir until mixture forms soft dough.
- Place on lightly floured surface; knead 8 to 10 times or until smooth. Pat out dough into 6-inch square. Cut into 9 squares; place, 2 inches apart, on baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 min. or until golden brown. Serve warm with cream cheese spread.
Kraft Kitchens Tips
Size-Wise: Enjoy your favorite foods on occasion but remember to keep tabs on portions.
For Easier Removal of Biscuits From Baking Sheet: Baking sheet can be greased or covered with parchment paper before use for easier removal of biscuits.
Variations: Prepare as directed, using one of the following flavor options. Spread with plain PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese Spread.
Cranberry-Cheddar Biscuits: Stir in 1/4 cup dried cranberries along with the Cheddar.
Sun-Dried Tomato Mozzarella Biscuits: Substitute KRAFT Shredded Mozzarella Cheese for the Cheddar and stir in 1/4 cup chopped drained sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil along with the mozzarella.
Bacon-Cheddar Biscuits: Omit salt and stir in 1/4 cup OSCAR MAYER Bacon Pieces along with the Cheddar.
Jalapeno-Jack Biscuits: Omit the salt, substitute KRAFT Shredded Colby Jack Cheese for the Cheddar cheese and stir in 1/4 cup chopped drained nacho peppers along with the shredded cheese.