Dutch Apple Pie
Everything about this dessert makes it the top request for family gatherings and one of our favorite apple pie recipes. The delightful crust cuts beautifully to reveal a filling with pieces of diced apple. At harvesttime or any time, you cannot beat this delectable apple pie. —Brenda DuFresne, Midland, Michigan
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 0.5 cup quick-cooking oat
- 0.75 cup butter, melted
- 0.67 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1.25 cup cold water
- 3 cup diced peeled tart apples
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, oats and butter; set aside 1 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate; set aside.
- For filling, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water in a large saucepan until smooth; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in apples and vanilla.
- Pour into crust; top with reserved crumb mixture. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Yield: 6-8 servings.
For more great Top 10 Pie Recipes visit www.Tasteofhome.com.