Drunken Kiwi Coconut Popsicles
Serving Size: 10
Infused with coconut liquor, these kiwi coconut popsicles are the perfect fun dessert for any summer party!
- 5 ripe kiwis (medium-large)
- 5 Tbsp sugar
- 1 can coconut milk
- 0.25 cup heavy cream
- 0.25 cup coconut flake
- few drops vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp coconut liquor (e.g. Malibu)
- You will also need popsicle molds like these by Norpro.
- Tip: You can leave out the liquor for a child-proof and actually really healthy version.
- Peel the kiwis and puree them with 2 tablespoons of sugar (depending on how ripe your kiwis are, you might add a little more or less sugar according to taste).
- For the coconut mixture, blend the coconut milk, coconut flakes, heavy cream, vanilla and liquor. Fill the ice pop molds to one third with the kiwi mixture and put them into the freezer for at least 1 hour. For the zig-zag effect, store the molds in a 45° angle.
- Mix the remaining kiwi mixture with some of the coconut mix in a ratio of 50:50. Pour the 50/50 mixture into the molds and place them in a 45° angle into your freezer. Freeze for about 1 hour.
- Then add the plain coconut mix and freeze until hard.
For the full post, visit Sugary & Buttery.