Double Chocolate Chunk Mint Cookie
Chocolate and peppermint are a winning combination when it comes to desserts. These cookies have deep, rich chocolate flavor from cocoa powder and semisweet chocolate, as well as cool peppermint flavor from peppermint extract.
- 2 cup flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 Ounce semisweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 0.67 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 0.67 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside. Beat the butter and sugars in large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluflly.
- Add the eggs and the extract and mix well. Gradually beat in the flour mixture on low speed until well mixed and stir in the chocolate.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto baking sheets sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or just until cookies are set. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks and cool completely.
Read more from The Daily Meal.