Detoxifying Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad
Once known as every kid’s least favorite food, brussels sprouts have bounced back as a popular health food. This salad is a delicious and simple way to prepare the tasty veggie. Cleansing ingredients like lemon juice and cayenne pepper make this a great dish to detoxify the body and start off the new year with a clean slate.
- 1.5 Pound brussels sprouts, outer leaves removed
- 1 cup raw walnut halves, chopped
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- pinch of chili powder or cayenne pepper
- pinch of coriander seeds
- Hold the brussels sprouts by the stem and slice into very thin pieces using an adjustable-blade slicer or food processor. Transfer to a large bowl with the remaining ingredients; toss to combine.