Delicata Squash and Broccoli Coconut Curry
Serving Size: 4
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil (either refined or unrefined)
- 1 delicata squash, de-seeded and chopped
- 1 small head of broccoli, florets and stalks chopped
- juice from ½ lime
- 0.5 Tbsp dried basil
- 0.5 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 15 oz. can of full-fat coconut milk
- pinch of salt, to taste
- dash of red pepper flakes, to taste
- dash of ground black pepper
- 0.25 tsp ground turmeric
- 1.5 Tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 6 servings of rice or noodles
- Begin by preparing your rice or noodles.
- Meanwhile, in a large frying pan heat the oil over medium. Add the onion and garlic, sauté a few minutes then add the curry paste through and including the salt.
- Turn down to medium-low and sauté for about five minutes, until fragrant and the onions are tender.
- Prepare the vegetables, and when ready add to the pan along with the remaining ingredients, excluding the rice/noodles. Stir well and cover. Cook for about 15-20 minutes, until the broccoli and squash are tender.
- Serve hot, over the rice/noodles or add to the curry sauce and mix.
For the full post, visit Produce on Parade.