These cheese melts are spicy, gooey and fragrant with red onion, jalapeño, cilantro and Sriracha.
- 0.5 Pound shredded mozzarella cheese
- Freshly ground pepper
- Kosher salt
- 0.25 cup mayonnaise
- 0.25 cup minced red onion
- 0.25 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 0.5 tsp Sriracha, plus more for serving
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small heirloom tomato, finely chopped and squeezed to remove excess liquid
- 4 slices of bakery whole-wheat bread, toasted
- Preheat the broiler with the rack 6 inches from the heat. In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients except the salt, pepper and toast; season with salt and pepper. Spread the cheese mixture onto the toasts and arrange on a baking sheet. Broil for 3 to 5 minutes, until the cheese melts. Serve with Sriracha.
Recipe Credit: Suvir Saran
Image Credit: Jonathan Lovekin