Deep Red Beet Salad
Serving Size: 2
- 0.75 cup feta cheese
- 0.75 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 4 steamed beets (you can use more, depending on how much you like beets), sliced
- 5 cup baby spinach and arugula
- ground pepper
- 0.5 cup olive oil
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- If almonds are raw, bake in a small pan at 350 degrees for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, boil garlic in water for 10 minutes and drain. Mash garlic and salt to a paste. Using a jar or Tupperware container, add all dressing ingredients and shake shake shake until dressing is fully blended! The original directions involve whisking, but this is much faster.
- In a large bowl, toss spinach and arugula while slowly adding the dressing until you’ve reached your desired amount. Note: I used about half of the dressing, there should be plenty left over! Divide salad amongst the plates and top with beets, feta, almonds and pepper.
Read more from ragamuffinrecipes.