Curried Maple-Mustard Chicken Breasts
This recipes includes bold ingredients—curry powder, maple syrup, cayenne and spicy mustard—to create a spicy-sweet glaze for chicken.
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 0.5 cup pure maple syrup
- 0.5 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp mild or hot curry powder
- 0.25 tsp cayenne
- kosher salt
- 4 12-ounce, bone-in, skin-on chicken breast halves
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a 9-by-13-inch ceramic baking dish, combine the butter with the maple syrup, mustard, curry powder and cayenne. Bake for about 5 minutes, until the butter is melted. Whisk in a generous pinch each of salt and pepper and let cool slightly, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, add to the baking dish and turn to coat with the sauce. Carefully spoon some ?of the sauce under the chicken skin. Turn the chicken breast side up and bake for about 45 minutes, basting occasionally, until the chicken is glazed and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 165°. Transfer the chicken to a work surface and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut the chicken off the bones and transfer to plates. Whisk the pan sauce and spoon over the chicken. Serve, passing additional sauce at the table.
Recipe Credit: Molly Chester
Image Credit: Con Poulos