Curried Chicken Salad Sandwich
- 2 cup cooked, shredded chicken breast (about 1/2 lb)
- 0.125 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 0.33 cup apple cider vinegar
- 0.25 cup plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 raisins
- 0.25 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- 2 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 small ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 0.5 cup diced mild-flavored apple with skin, such as Fuji or Gala, sprinkled with lemon juice
- 0.25 cup diced and peeled carrot
- 4 slice toasted bread
In a bowl, mix together chicken, carrot, apple, mango, scallions, cashews, and raisins. In a separate bowl, whisk together remaining salad ingredients until smooth and creamy.
Pour dressing over chicken mixture, stirring until well coated. Refrigerate in an airtight container at least 2 to 3 hours before serving; it tastes best chilled.
Place toasted bread on a clean work surface. Divide chicken salad evenly between 2 slices. Close sandwiches and cut each in half on the diagonal.
Recipe from The Encyclopedia of Sandwiches by Susan Russo/Quirk, 2011.