Curried Cauliflower Tartine with Hummus, Scallion and Chili Oil
Serving Size: 4
- 0.5 cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 4 slices sour dough bread
- 1 scallion, sliced very thinly
- 1 cup hummus
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pinch garam masala (if you have some handy)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- Preheat oven to 425 F. In a bowl, toss cauliflower with spices and olive oil. Transfer to baking dish or sheet and roast until lightly brown on top, approximately 10 minutes.
- 1 cup olive oil
- fresh or dried red chili peppers
- In a pan, heat oil over medium low, add desired amount of chilies and cook for approximately 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and pour into jar or bottle. I added one whole fresh red chili, chopped thinly and got a great amount of heat. I left the chili slices in the oil, but you may prefer to strain them out.
- To serve, spread hummus on bread and top with curried cauliflower. Sprinkle scallions on top and drizzle with chili oil.
For the full post, visit Brooklyn Vegetarian.