Cucumber-Yogurt Soup with Pepperoncini
- 1 Pound cucumber, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped, plus cucumber spears for serving
- small pepperoncini, 4 stemmed, seeded and chopped plus 1/4 cup of liquid from the jar
- 0.375 cup 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 0.25 tsp ground cumin
1. In a blender, puree the chopped cucumbers with the chopped pepperoncini, the pickling liquid, 2 tablespoons of the dill, the yogurt and buttermilk until very smooth. Stir in the cumin and the remaining dill and season with salt. Refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes.
2. Ladle the soup into 6 bowls. Serve each bowl with a whole pepperoncini and cucumber spears on the side.