Cucumber-Radish Salad With Crème Fraîche, Dill And Mint
“There is an unspoken Hungarian philosophy that if something tastes good, it probably tastes better with sour cream,” Sarah Copeland says. For this cucumber salad, she uses sour cream's more elegant cousin, crème fraîche.
- 1.5 Pound small cucumbers, peeled if the skin is thick
- sea salt
- 3 large radishes, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 8 Ounce crème fraîche (about 1 cup)
- 2 Tbsp chopped dill
- freshly ground pepper
- Shredded mint leaves, for garnish
- Slice most of the cucumbers 1/4 inch thick and cut a few of them into spears.
- In a colander, season the cucumbers with salt, top with a small plate and let stand for 1 hour. Press gently to remove some of the liquid, then rinse the cucumbers quickly in cold water. Pat dry and transfer to a bowl.
- Add the radishes, garlic, vinegar, crème fraîche and dill and season with pepper.
- Refrigerate the salad for 30 minutes, until chilled. Garnish with mint leaves and serve.
Recipe Credit: Sarah Copeland
Image Credit: Anders Schonnemann