Crunchy, Buttery, Tomato Pasta
- 1 Pound cooked pasta
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the cooked pasta and sauce in a large bowl, and set aside.
- Combine the butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Melt the butter, and add the onions to the pan.
- Cook the onions until translucent, approximately 5 minutes. Remove the onions from the pan with a slotted spoon, so that some butter and oil remains.
- Return the pan to the stove, and turn the heat up to medium-high. Add the pasta, and allow it to sit for approximately 3-5 minutes (It will sizzle!), without turning so that it will crisp up.
- Return the onions to the pan, and toss with the crispy pasta. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
For the full post, visit JJ Begonia.