Crispy Wiener Schnitzel with Lingonberry Preserves
- 0.5 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 egg, beaten
- 1.5 cup plain bread crumbs
- 4 thinly pounded veal cutlets, about 4 ounces each
- freshly ground white pepper
- canola oil, for frying
- lingonberry preserves, for serving
1. Put the flour, eggs and bread crumbs into 3 shallow bowls. Season the veal with salt and white pepper. Dredge the cutlets in the flour, then dip in the egg and coat with the bread crumbs; press to help the crumbs adhere.
2. In a very large skillet, heat 1/2 inch of oil until shimmering. Add the cutlets and fry over moderately high heat, turning once, until golden brown and cooked through, 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with salt. Serve the Wiener schnitzel with lingonberry preserves.