Crispy Grain Free Waffles
These Crispy Grain Free Waffles are paleo. Here’s the real exciting news… you can FREEZE them! And they can be quickly reheated for breakfast!
- 2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup raw milk or coconut milk
- 0.25 cup melted butter, ghee or coconut oil
- 2 eggs preferably local, organic and pasture raised
- 0.5 tsp sea salt
- 0.25 cup coconut sugar (omit if on 21DSD)
- 1 Tbsp + 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup tapioca or arrowroot starch
- Waffle maker, preferably ceramic-coated or cast iron
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Combine all ingredients and gently mix - just to combine - a few lumps are ok. Using a ladle, scoop batter into your hot waffle iron.
- Cook your waffles according to the waffle makers manufactures instructions. We leave ours go extra long to make sure they are super crispy. Serve immediately OR cool on a wire rack (so they stay crisp). Cooled waffles can be frozen and reheated in the toaster for quick breakfasts. Enjoy!
Notes: One recipe will yield approximately 7 large thick, round waffles. Plan ½ a round waffle per person - One whole waffle is a lot of food!
For the full post, visit Health Starts in the Kitchen.