Crispy Chipotle Chicken Fingers
My double dipped chipotle chicken tenders are easy and loaded with flavor without a lot of special ingredients. Just the right amount of heat and spice! You are going to love this but in the event that you aren’t a chipotle loving fan then by all means substitute the chipotle with one of your favorite spices. Whether it is garlic, paprika, lemon pepper or even lime. Chicken tenders make the perfect canvas to experiment with.
- 1.5 Pound chicken tenders, thawed
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobe sauce, minced
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1.5 cup flour
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp chipotle powder
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- 1.5 tsp cajun seasoning
- Place the buttermilk, chicken tenders and the minced chipotle peppers in a large glass bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare your breading. Mix together the flour with the remaining seasonings in a large brown or plastic bag. Shake well to distribute evenly and set aside.
- Heat your oil in a large dutch oven or deep fryer to 375 degrees. Using tongs, gently lift 3-4 chicken tenders at a time from the buttermilk (shaking to remove excess buttermilk) and place in the bag of flour. Seal the bag and shake for 1-2 minutes until each chicken tender has been thoroughly coated. Place the chicken tenders in the hot oil and cook 4-5 minutes on each side. Drain on a paper towel and repeat the process with the remaining chicken tenders.
Read more from Kitchen Belleicous.