- 3 cup vegetable oil, for frying
- 3 15-ounce cans chickpeas, drained, rinsed and patted dry
- 1.5 Tbsp ground coriander
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
1. In a large saucepan, heat the oil to 350°. Line a baking sheet with paper towels. In a medium bowl, toss the chickpeas with the coriander and cumin. Add the flour and toss until the chickpeas are coated; transfer to a sieve and tap off the excess flour.
2. Add one-third of the chickpeas at a time to the hot oil and fry, stirring occasionally, until they are browned and crispy, about 8 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chickpeas to the paper towels to drain and sprinkle liberally with salt. Let the vegetable oil return to 350° between batches. Let the chickpeas cool, then transfer them to a bowl and serve.