Creamy Zucchini & Spinach Rigatoni
- 8 Ounce rigatoni pasta, uncooked
- 0.25 cup KRAFT grated parmesan cheese
- 6 Ounce baby spinach leaves
- 4 Ounce PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese, cubed
- 1 cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 0.25 tsp crushed red pepper
- 0.25 tsp oregano leaf
- 0.25 tsp dried basil leaf
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 0.5 Pound sliced fresh mushroom
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 tsp oil
- 1.5 cup KRAFT Shredded Mozzarella Cheese with a TOUCH OF PHILADELPHIA, divided
- HEAT oven to 375ºF.
- COOK pasta in large saucepan as directed on package, omitting salt.
- MEANWHILE, heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add zucchini, mushrooms and garlic; cook and stir 3 to 4 min. or until zucchini is crisp-tender. Add flour and seasonings; cook and stir 1 min. Stir in broth; cook and stir 2 to 3 min. or until thickened. Add Neufchatel; cook and stir 2 to 3 min. or until melted.
- DRAIN pasta; return to pan. Add zucchini mixture, spinach, Parmesan and 1/2 cup mozzarella; mix lightly. Spoon into 2-qt. casserole sprayed with cooking spray; top with remaining mozzarella.
- BAKE 10 min. or until mozzarella is melted.
Kraft Kitchens tips:
Serve with fresh fruit and a side salad to round out the meal.
PREPARING PERFECT PASTA
Follow the package directions to ensure that enough water is used for cooking the pasta. Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente (tender but still a little firm to the bite), stirring frequently. To prevent pasta from sticking, add it slowly to plenty of boiling water and stir frequently while cooking. Adding oil to the cooking water is not recommended because some sauces may not cling to pasta coated with oil.