Creamy Lemon Squares
- Reduced Fat NILLA Wafers, finely crushed
- 0.25 tsp baking powder
- 0.25 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp lemon zest, divided
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 8 Ounce PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese, softened
- 0.25 cup cold margarine
- 0.25 cup packed brown sugar
- 0.5 cup flour
- 2 tsp powdered sugar
- HEAT oven to 350ºF.
- LINE 8-inch square pan with foil. Mix first 3 ingredients in medium bowl. Cut in margarine with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; press onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake 15 min.
- BEAT Neufchatel and granulated sugar with mixer until well blended. Add eggs and 2 Tbsp. flour; mix well. Blend in 1 Tbsp. zest, juice and baking powder; pour over crust.
- BAKE 25 to 28 min. or until center is set. Cool completely. Refrigerate 2 hours. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and remaining zest before serving.
Kraft Kitchens tips:
Substitute 1 Tbsp. each lemon, lime and orange zest for the 3 Tbsp. lemon zest.
NOTE FROM THE KRAFT KITCHENS
For a softer crust, reduce the crust baking time from 15 min. to 5 min.
You should get about 1 Tbsp. zest and 2 Tbsp. juice from 1 lemon.