Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta
- 2 cup penne pasta, uncooked
- 0.25 cup chopped fresh parsley
- zest and juice from 1 large lemon
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 6 Ounce PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1.5 Pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 cup KRAFT Shredded Mozzarella Cheese with a TOUCH OF PHILADELPHIA
- Cook pasta in large saucepan as directed on package, omitting salt.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic; cook 1 min. Add half the chicken; cook 2 min. or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Remove from skillet; cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining chicken; return all chicken to skillet.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water. Mix reserved water with cream cheese and bouillon until well blended. Add to chicken with lemon zest; mix well. Cover; cook on low heat 5 min. or until chicken is done. Stir in pasta, lemon juice and parsley; cook; uncovered, 1 min. or until heated through, stirring frequently. Stir in cheese.
Kraft Kitchens Tips
Substitute: Prepare using PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese.
Substitute: Prepare using your favorite pasta shape, such as rotini, fusilli. farfalle (bow-tie pasta) or elbow macaroni.
For Saucier Pasta: If you prefer a thinner sauce, reserve 3/4 cup of the pasta cooking water; use as directed.