Creamy Leek and Mushroom Pasta
There you have it: a 30-minute, no hassle, satisfying meatless meal to get you through these winter days.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Parmesan, for serving (optional)
- 0.25 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 0.125 tsp pepper, or to taste
- 0.5 tsp salt, or to taste
- 0.25 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 0.5 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Pound mushrooms, sliced (used a mix of button and crimini)
- 2 large leeks, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced and rinsed
- 12 Ounce angel hair pasta
Recipe adapted from Natasha’s Kitchen.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the leeks and saute for 2 minutes. Add the sliced mushrooms and saute until softened, about 6-7 minutes. Sitr in the minced garlic and saute until fragrant- 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Stir in the broth and cream. Allow the mixture to simmer for 5-7 minutes, or until thickened slightly. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and parsley, stirring until cheese is melted. Add salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes. Taste. You may want to add a little bit more salt.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pot and toss to coat. Serve immediately with additional Parmesan, fresh ground pepper and parsley to top.
For the full post, visit Neighbor Food.