Creamy Chicken With Roasted Poblanos
Creamy chicken and roasted poblano chiles star in this easy skillet dish. But to be perfectly honest, the pomegranate seeds kind of steal the show.
- 0.75 cup chicken broth
- 6 Ounce (3/4 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds, divided
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken (3 lb.), cut up
- 4 large roasted poblano chiles (1 lb.), peeled, seeded and cut into strips
- 4 slices OSCAR MAYER Baked Cooked Ham, chopped
- Blend broth, cream cheese and 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds in blender until smooth; strain.
- Cook chicken in large skillet on medium heat 10 min. or until evenly browned on both sides, turning occasionally. Add chiles and ham; cook 2 min.
- Stir in cream cheese mixture; cover. Cook on medium-low heat 15 min. or until chicken is done (165ºF).
- Top with remaining pomegranate seeds just before serving.
Kraft Kitchens Tips
How to Remove Pomegranate Seeds: Cut off the crown end of 1 pomegranate; discard. Cut fruit into quarters; place in bowl of water. Loosen seeds with your fingers. Remove seeds from water; discard water. Use seeds as directed.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with a mixed green salad and whole grain roll to round out the meal.
Food Facts: Cut into a pomegranate to reveal hundreds of juicy little seeds - a good source of both potassium and vitamin C. Pomegranates are available September through January and should be refrigerated for longer storage.