Creamy Chicken Pomodoro
Cheese lover? Us too. So we simmered chicken in a cream-cheese-and-garlic sauce before adding mozzarella and a sprinkle of Parm. A zing of crushed red pepper adds a kick.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp KRAFT grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup KRAFT Shredded Mozzarella Cheese with a TOUCH OF PHILADELPHIA
- 2 cup penne pasta, uncooked
- 4 Ounce (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1 Can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 0.25 tsp crushed red pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 small boneless skinless chicken breasts (1-1/2 lb.)
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add chicken; cook 3 min. on each side or until golden brown on both sides. Transfer to plate.
- Add remaining oil to skillet. Stir in garlic and red pepper; cook and stir 30 sec. Add tomatoes and cream cheese; cook and stir 2 to 3 min. or until cream cheese is melted and sauce is well blended. Return chicken to skillet along with any meat juices; cover. Simmer 8 to 10 min. or until chicken is done (165ºF). Meanwhile, cook pasta as directed on package, omitting salt.
- Sprinkle chicken with cheeses and basil. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, 2 to 3 min. or until mozzarella is melted. Serve over drained pasta.
Kraft Kitchens Tips
Substitute: Prepare using KRAFT Shredded Mozzarella Cheese.
Serving Suggestion: For added color and texture, serve with a mixed green salad tossed with your favorite KRAFT Lite Dressing.