Creamy Chicken Noodle Casserole
Serving Size: 6
A comforting and delicious casserole featuring chicken, veggies, tons of cheese and of course always smooth, firm and delicious No Yolks noodles.
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- Combine topping ingredients and set aside.
- 1.5 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 0.5 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 package (8 ounces) light cream cheese, softened
- 1 thyme sprig
- 1 Quart (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced fresh mushrooms (2 cups)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 Ounce (2 ¼ cups) NO YOLKS® Extra Broad noodles
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, chopped (about 2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Add olive oil to a 7-quart stock pot, and sauté mushrooms, celery, carrots, onions and garlic powder for 3-4 minutes over medium heat. Add chicken broth and thyme sprig and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Add cream cheese, Parmesan and noodles. Stir until well blended.
- Sprinkle flour over top of mixture. Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until mixture begins to thicken. Fold in chicken.
- Pour into a 3-quart casserole dish. Sprinkle on reserved topping mixture.
- Bake uncovered 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes.