Creamy Amaranth Porridge
Amaranth porridge is a great high-protein breakfast with a unique taste and texture. A perfect substitute for oatmeal or Cream of Wheat!
- 1 cup amaranth
- 1 cup organic Greek yogurt
- 0.25 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Bananas, berries or other fruit for topping
- Chopped nuts and/or coconut flakes for topping
- More maple syrup for drizzling
- Cook amaranth according to package directions.
- When amaranth is cooked (about 20 minutes), remove from heat and stir in yogurt, maple syrup, cinnamon and pinch of salt.
- Let cool slightly then serve with desired toppings.
Notes: Amaranth is a great source of protein and contains all the essential amino acids! To make this cereal dairy-free, swap out the yogurt for 1/2 cup coconut milk.
For the full post, visit Eating Made Easy.