Cream Cheese Pumpkin Puffs
You can make a HUGE batch of these and become a holiday hero in minutes.
pumpkin batter base
- 1 Can (15-ounce) can pumpkin purée
- 0.25 tsp baking soda
- 0.25 tsp baking powder
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 0.67 cup all purpose flour
- 0.75 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 0.25 cup brown sugar
- 0.5 cup sugar
- With an electric hand mixer (or lots of muscles) mix up your pumpkin base until it’s smooth.
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 cup flour
- Now, add in the flour and baking powder to the base, and continue to mix until it's fully blended. It should be a peanut buttery consistency! Set it aside.
- piping bag to fill them up
- splash of milk or cream to thin it out if necessary
- 0.5 cup powdered sugar
- 8 Ounce cream cheese
- oil for frying
- Now, make the filling, simply by mixing the powdered sugar into the cream cheese. Add a splash of milk or cream if it's too thick to squeeze through your piping bag! Set aside.
- Scoop out about a tablespoon's worth of the batter and gently drop it into the hot (350 degrees) oil!
- Let them fully cool and drain on some paper towel.
- Gently poke a little hold into the puff so your pastry tip can fill it up! Fill up your piping bag or zip bag with the filling, add a decorate pastry tip and carefully fill them up.
- Give them a little dusting of powdered sugar, and a sweet plunge into some extra frosting just to take them over the moon.
For the full post, visit Oh Bite It.