Cranberry Sweet Chili Wings with Creamy Feta Sauce
The sauce made for the wings has the perfect amount of sweetness and heat, with a dash of vinegar to cut through the bold flavors. You’ll never think of blue cheese dressing as a must with your wings after you try this creamy feta sauce to go along with them.
- 1 Can (14 oz.) whole cranberry sauce
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp chives, chopped, for garnish
- 1 cup sour cream
- 0.5 cup mayonnaise
- 0.5 cup creamy feta, crumbled
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp chives, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Pound whole chicken wings
- 0.5 cup distilled white vinegar
- 0.5 cup sugar
- 0.25 cup water
- 2 jalapenos, seeds removed, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt to taste
- 4 Tbsp butter
- canola oil, for deep frying
- 1 lemon, juiced
For the cranberry sweet chili sauce:
1. In a medium saucepan combine all the ingredients except the butter. Cook over medium-high heat until the mixture begins to boil, reduce to a simmer and cook a few minutes more. Add the butter and stir until melted. Remove from heat and reserve.
For the wings:
1. Preheat the oil in a heavy bottomed pot to 350 degrees. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. Add the chicken wings to boiling water and cook 8-10 minutes. Remove wings to a paper towel lined sheet tray to dry completely.
3. In a large bowl combine the flour, salt, smoked paprika and garlic powder. Coat chicken wings in flour mixture and add to the oil, in batches. Fry until golden brown and cooked through, 4-5 minutes.
4. Toss the chicken wings in the cranberry sauce. Garnish with chives.
For the creamy feta sauce:1. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with cranberry glazed chicken wings.
Notes and Substitutions:
Watch The Brothers Green make these wings in action on the food-centric YouTube channel HUNGRY.