Cranberry Orange Muffins
In these muffins, the orange flavor is light and subtle while the sweet batter is a great contrast to the tart pop of the berries, which is mellowed a little with the heat from the oven. They’re the perfect combination.
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 0.5 cup orange juice
- 0.5 cup milk
- 4 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 0.5 cup white sugar
- 1.5 cup fresh cranberries
Recipe lightly adapted from Williams Sonoma.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit, and lightly grease a muffin tin.
- In one bowl, whisk together the flour, sugars, baking powder and salt.
- In a second bowl, whisk together the egg, oil, milk and orange juice.
- Add the liquid mixture to the solid mixture and fold gently together until just combined, then add in the cranberries and gently incorporate.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tin and bake for about 20 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
For the full post, visit PDX Food Love.