Cranberry, Apple and Pecan Oat Salad
Serving Size: 4
- 1 cup Quaker Steel Cut Oats
- 2 Tbsp shallots, diced (optional)
- pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 0.5 cup grated parmesan or sharp cheddar cheese
- 0.5 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 large apple, diced
- 0.5 cup whole dried cranberries, halved
- 1.5 cup water
- 0.33 cup figs (fresh or dried), diced (optional)
- In a small saucepan bring steel cut oats and water to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and fluff the oats with a fork (note that oats are purposely undercooked to retain texture and bite).
- Place oats in a strainer and run under cold water until the oats are chilled. Drain well.
- Whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, and salt & pepper to create dressing.
- Combine the cooled oats, cranberries, apples, pecans, and cheese in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the dressing and toss well.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.