Cranberry And Almond Scones
These scones are so flavorful that you don’t need much of anything else to go with them. You can have them with some jam if you choose, of course. They’re delicious either way.
- 1.75 cup flour
- 0.33 cup dried cranberries
- 0.5 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 6 Tbsp milk (2% or whole)
- 5 Tbsp chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 2.5 tsp baking powder
- 0.25 cup sugar
- 0.5 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender, two knives or by hand until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the milk & egg until just moistened. Gently fold in cranberries and almonds.
- On a lightly floured surface knead the dough for about 2 minutes.
- Spray a baking sheet with vegetable oil. Transfer the dough to the baking sheet and form into a 1-inch-thick round. Cut into 8 wedges and separate each piece about about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the scones for 14 minutes or until golden brown. Cook’s notes: Don’t worry if the dough is sticky. It gives a wonderful texture to the scones once they’re baked.
Read more from Fit, Fun & Delish.