Crabapple Yogurt Bundt Cake
This cake is moist, perfectly sweet with a slight tang and down right delicious. For me, a cake is delicious when you don’t need to add anything else. I did add the powdered sugar and fresh raspberries, but you don’t need it at all. Enjoy this cake with your morning coffee or a tall glass of milk and you are set.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 0.25 cup Greek yogurt (I used honey flavored greek yogurt) + more if needed*
- 0.5 cup crabapple jam
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 0.75 cup granulated sugar
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Using non-stick baking spray or butter, generously grease your Bundt pan and set aside.
- Using an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar together for about 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, waiting until each is fully incorporated. Add the vanilla extract, crabapple jam and Greek yogurt and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt. While, your mixer is on low, add your flour mixture slowly into the wet ingredients until fully combined. *If your cake batter looks too thick, you can add another tablespoon or so of yogurt. The batter should be slightly loose but not runny and not too thick.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a tester inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for about 15-20 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack or serving plate to cool.
- When completely cooled, dust with powdered sugar and serve.
Read more from Hip Foodie Mom.