Crab, Apple and Watercress Salad with Walnut Vinaigrette
- 2.5 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 Pound jumbo lump crab, picked over and drained
- 2 bunch of watercress, about 14 ounces, thick stems discarded
- freshly ground pepper
- kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp walnut oil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 0.33 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
1. In a bowl, whisk the vinegar with the shallot and mustard. Whisk in the walnut and olive oils and season with salt and pepper.
2. In a medium bowl, toss the watercress with 3 tablespoons of the dressing. In another medium bowl, gently toss the crab with the celery, apple, walnuts and the remaining dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the watercress to plates, top with the crab salad and serve.