Country Ham Flapjacks with Maple Syrup
Using store-bought corn muffin mix and leftover chopped ham to make these savory flapjacks is a quick and clever trick.
- 1 8 1/2-ounce package corn muffin mix (1 1/2 cups)
- 0.75 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup chopped ham (6 ounces)
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- pure maple syrup, for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk the corn muffin mix with the buttermilk, egg, ham and scallion just until combined. In a large nonstick skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter. Scoop four 1/4-cup mounds of batter into the skillet and cook, turning once, until golden, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer the flapjacks to serving plates and repeat with the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter and batter. Serve with maple syrup.
Recipe Credit: Kay Chun
Image Credit: Christina Holmes