Cornflake-Chocolate Chip-Marshmallow Cookies
- 2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 1.25 cup mini marshmallows
- 0.67 cup mini chocolate chip
- Corn Flake Crunch (recipe below)
- 1.25 tsp kosher salt
- 0.25 tsp baking soda
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 cup flour
- 0.5 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 0.67 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1.25 cup sugar
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper; put aside.
- Beat butter and sugars in your stand mixer on medium high for 2-3 minutes. Scrape down the sides, add the egg and vanilla, and beat for 7-8 minutes.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt to the mixer – beat on low speed for 1 minute. Scrape down the sides.
- Add the cornflake crunch and chocolate chips and beat on low speed for no more than 45 seconds. Add the marshmallows and beat just till incorporated.
- Using a 2 3/4 oz. ice cream scoop (or a 1/3 c. measure), scoop the dough out in portions onto your prepared pan (the scoops can be very close together). Pat the tops of the cookies flat and wrap the pan with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 1 week (I waited an hour; I’d give it at least 2 hours total to really firm them up).
- Pre-heat your oven to 375. On parchment-lined baking sheets arrange cookies at least 4″ apart (I put 4 at a time on each sheet). Bake for 18 minutes, or till browned on the edges and just brown toward the centers.
- Cool cookies completely on the sheets before removing. Can be stored in an airtight container for 5 days at room temperature or 1 month in the freezer. Or, if you’re like us, 1 day.
Corn Flake Crunch
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 0.5 cup dry milk powder
- 5 cup corn flakes
- 9 Tbsp melted butter
- Pre-heat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenhiet.
- Pour the cornflakes into a medium bowl and, using your hands, crush until they are about 1/4 of their original size. Add the dry ingredients and toss to coat. Add the butter and toss to coat.
- Spread mixture on a parchment-lined baking sheet (there will be small clusters; this is fine). Bake for about 20 minutes, or till mixture looks toasted and smells buttery. Cool completely before using.
Can be stored in an airtight container for 1 week at room temperature or 1 month in the freezer.
From Momfuku Milk Bar.
Read more from Donuts, Dresses and Dirt.